Nails are demanding attention as colors are taking an adventurous step away from last year’s runway of nudes and naturals. Now, it’s all about making the color pop!
• Clementine orange: the kind that doesn’t wash out your skin tone and looks flattering on everyone. This color looks best when three coats of nail color are applied. No time? Rock that color with a carefree gel manicure.
• Create a bold new look for your cream-colored French manicure by adding a chevron tip painted in matt black. It’s a chic, go-to combo you will love!
• Cobalt blue: an instant way to sass-up your open-toed sandals. Keep this color limited to pedicures and peep-toe shoes if you don’t want to raise an eyebrow or two at work.
• Hot and juicy pink: because what summer wouldn’t demand a luscious hue like this? It works especially well when paired up with a matching lip gloss.
• Cherry red: this color transitions well from a breezy summer day to a hot night on the town.
• Silver: because copper tone gold is so 90s. The metallic sheen is sexy on mani-pedis and super versatile for summer’s slew of weddings and patio parties.
Nail art is hitting a high note. Keeping up with these trends is as easy as browsing “nail art” on Pinterest or researching YouTube videos for DIY nail tutorials. Of course, if you don’t have a steady hand or the necessary tools, your salon professional is sure to deliver maintenance-free patterns like ombre, polka dots, lace print, marble, checkerboards, animal print and yes, even fruit designs. We love the colorful contrast of a hand-painted kiwi when applied on a bright yellow nail. Yum!
Our celebrity go-to for fashion-forward fingertips is Katy Perry. This pop artist has sported hand painted nail pics of her former husband, Russell Brand and really makes a fashion statement with black or white raised dots paired with bright candy color shades. We love the 3D look.
Timid? Try it on your toes, but make sure you get a salon pedicure first! Or, isolate the glitzy stuff for your ring fingers only, while the other eight digits keep a classic color.
Take advantage of the freedom this summer’s fashion encourages. There’s no reason to put a color limit on your digits! Have fun!Share